I have a pure love for muffins. Muffins are my way experimenting in the kitchen with different flavors and ingredients. These Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins is a bomb of flavor. Vibrant, fresh and zesty! Thanks to the homemade lemon curd topping that adds a punch of extra lemon flavor to these beauties. These are great for breakfast, snacking or even as a dessert, delicious in every bite.
So while you are looking to try out some easy and yummy recipes, this recipe is your new friend for life!
METHOD: (Makes 8 regular muffins)
- 140 gms whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 gms butter, room temperature
- 90 gms caster sugar
- 10 gms poppy seed, soaked in 40 gms hot water for 1 hour and then drained
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup lemon curd
- edible flowers, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 170 C for atleast 15 minutes and lime the muffins mould with liners are keep aside.
- Meanwhile take sugar and butter in a bowl and beat it using an electric beater until its pale and fluffy. This would take around 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now add the egg and vanilla extract and beat it until its just incorporated.
- Add the poppy seeds, lemon juice and yogurt and again beat until it is incorporated.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda and baking powder and keep aside.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients along with lemon zest and using a spatula fold it in until all the ingredients are just combined.
- Divide the batter equally into the moulds and bake for 20 – 22 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once done, take the muffins out of the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Take a spoon full of lemon curd and smear on the top. Garnish with some edible flowers and serve.