Scorching heat, the summer holidays, a chilled glass of a tangy and sweet Raw Mango drink that mum used to make before I headed out to play – all that and more is so synonymous with Indian summer season. This Raw Mango Cooler aka Aam Panna is a summer to-do in almost every Indian household. It reminds me of my childhood in every way. Being a mum of a 2.5 year old makes me relive my summer childhood days with my son with this cooler almost every day.
This thirst quencher is made with green raw mangoes along with spices and tastes absolutely delish. Make a huge batch and you won’t be surprised that it will get over so soon.
INGREDIENTS: (For 6 – 8 people)
- 3 medium sized Raw Mangoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 3/4 cup sugar (you can adjust this depending on your preference)
- 12 – 15 fresh mint leaves + extra for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp rock salt (optional)
- 8 – 9 ice cubes
- chilled water (according to the consistency you desire)
- Take the chopped and desseded raw mangoes along with some water and pressure cooker it for 3 – 4 whistles or until its tender and cooked.
- Once done, let the steam escape and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Take all the ingredients – cooked mangoes, cumin powder, sugar, rock salt, ice cubes and fresh mint leaves along with some water and blend it to make a puree. (You can store this puree for a couple of days).
- Take the puree, add some water (depending on the consistency you like for your drink), mix it well and serve in glasses.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves, roasted cumin powder and ice cubes and serve.