Winter is almost fading away and its getting bright and sunny here in Bangalore. And its time to bring back the juicers and blenders into the kitchen again. I have had a wonderful winter this year. Family visiting us, lots of Indian winter food cooking in the kitchen, overload of ghee and pure indulgence. And suddenly now I feel there is a spate of drought in my kitchen and my house. Its a signal saying that its time to go back to old ways, old ways of cooking (less ghee) and old ways of eating (eating healthy). And here comes my favorite smoothie to my respite. This Orange and Banana Smoothie is all about freshness and yumness.
While the freshly squeezed orange juice adds the much need zing to the smoothie, the mini bananas adds the natural sweetness to this charming beauty. The flax seeds provides the nutrients and the pure vanilla extract the amazing flavour to this smoothie. Gets ready in no time and full of goodness that you ought to fall in love with it.
INGREDIENTS: (For 2 people)
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 medium bananas, frozen for 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp rolled oats, lightly toasted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup/ agave
- 1/2 tsp orange zest, to garnish
- few mint leaves, to garnish
- 4 – 5 ice cubes, optional
- In a blender put orange juice, roughly chopped frozen bananas, flax seeds, yogurt, oats, vanilla extract, maple syrup and ice cubes and blend it until no lumps are there.
- Transfer this to a glass, garnish with some orange zest and mint leaves are serve.