Whats you favorite childhood memories associated with mangoes? For me ts definitely Aam Shrikhand (and also Aamras). A bowl of this beauty makes everything about summer good. Fresh mango puree mixed with the creamiest homemade yogurt – and I am already salivating! I made this Mango Shrikhand a few days back and it screams summer. My summer happiness would be incomplete without this delicious dessert or accompaniment.
While I miss my mum’s and nani’s Mango Shrikhand, but this sunny beauty is my new friend this summer. What are you waiting for when such simple pleasures can be made in no time.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 3 cups)
- 3 medium sized alphonso mangoes, skin removed and chopped
- 2 cups homemade hung yogurt
- 4 tbsp jaggery powder (you can adjust it depending on the sweetness of the mangoes)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- slivers of 7 – 8 almonds
- 1/2 tsp unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 5 – 6 strands of saffron
- In a blender take the chopped mangoes, cardamom powder and jaggery powder and blend it into a smooth puree.
- Fold this into the hung yogurt and chill until you are ready to serve.
- Garnish with almond slivers, pistachios and saffron strands and serve immediately.
P.S: You can serve this with Aloo Parathas, Puris or have it as is.