I have a special relationship with muffins. Be it a classic chocolate chip muffin or a blueberry muffin, I usually whip up atleast one batch of a different muffin every week. A freshly baked muffin for breakfast is what I call a perfect start to my day. And this classic Eggless Chocolate Chip Muffin is a dream come true on the breakfast table. The aroma of freshly baked goodies, the beautifully baked muffins right out of the oven sitting atop the kitchen top and waiting to be devoured – the sense of happiness and excitement is unparalleled. These muffins needs no frills or fancies. Its about the basic ingredients all whipped together to bring a smile on your face when you bite into it.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 6 muffins)
- 60 grams whole wheat flour
- 30 grams oats flour
- 70 grams brown sugar
- 60 ml oil
- 120 ml yogurt (I used Epigamia Artisinal yogurt)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp heaped baking soda
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 170 C for atleast 15 minutes. LIne your cupcake tray with liners or spray it with a cooking spray generously and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix whole wheat flour and oats flour and keep aside
- In another bowl mix oil, sugar, yogurt and vanilla extract and whisk it well. Now add baking soda and baking powder to it and whisk it.
- Add the flour mix into the wet ingredients and fold it until incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold it gently into the mixture.
- Evenly divide the batter into the prepared muffin moulds and bake for 22 – 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Once done, allow it to cool done and dive in!