It’s time to reveal my secret (not so secret anymore) elixir for times when I am down and out – Banana and Nutella Quick Bread! I made this bread with ragi and oats flour and it all about comfort and yumness! Tried, tested and never failed with this recipe. And I hope you now understand why it’s my favorite – super easy, super quick and no scope of messing it up!
The freshly grounded cinnamon-y flavor to the nutty flavor from the flours, everyone’s favorite Nutella to the goodness from the banana in every bite, makes it a delicious dessert to dive in all through the day. Breakfast, lunch or dinner – you’ll fall in love with it.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 1 – 9 inch loaf)
- 100 grams oats flour
- 90 grams ragi flour
- 3 ripe bananas, medium sized
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 2/3 cup olive oil + extra for brushing
- 100 grams melted Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 170 C for atleast 15 minutes. Meanwhile spray or brush you baking mould with oil and keep it aside.
- In a bowl sift your flours, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder and whisk it. Add chia seeds and keep aside.
- In another bowl mash the banana using a fork into small chunks. Add oil, sugar and vanilla extract to it and mix it well using a wire whisk.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients and fold it until just combined.
- Transfer half of it to the baking mould. Put half the Nutella and using a skewer make a design. Repeat the process.
- Allow it to bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once done take it out of the oven. Allow it to cool. Then slice it up and serve!