Looking for a quick delicious get together snacking option? These beautiful Mushroom and Pepper Crostini make an elegant and delicious appetizer which is easy to cook and assemble. I love crostinis for a simple reason – they are extremely versatile and super quick to make. Chop some veggies (whatever you have at home), throw in some herbs and layer it on the toast. Tada! your crostini is ready.
Be it some classic pairings or an experiment with some seasonal produce, crostini is the way to go. The Mushroom and Pepper Crostini is all about the earthy flavors from the mushrooms, the smokiness from the roasted peppers, creaminess from my ever favorite mascarpone and the zest-ness from the balsamic vinegar. All my favorites topped on a slice of perfectly toasted bread. Yum!
INGREDIENTS: (For 2 -3 people)
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper
- 150 gms sliced button mushrooms
- 60 gms shimeji mushrooms
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 – 9 slices of french baguette
- microgreens, for garnish
- Brush the red pepper with cooking oil and put it to char on naked flame on a gas stove until each side is charred and black.
- Once done dip the pepper into a bowl of cold water. Peel off the skin and cut it into strips lengthwise.
- Take a pan on medium flame and add extra virgin olive oil. Once heated add chilli flakes and chopped garlic and saute for 30 – 40 seconds.
- Now add the mushrooms and balsamic vinegar and let it cook for a couple of minutes until all the moisture is evaporated.
- Add in the roasted peppers, salt and black pepper and toss it for a couple of minutes and then set aside.
- Now take the baguette slices and let it toast on a grill pan. Once toasted on either sides, slather mascarpone cheese on one side.
- Top it with the mushroom and pepper mixture and garnish with mircogreens and serve.