Cherry, Chocolate and everything nice – this Blondie is all about goodness! Soft, chewy, sweet, bitter and tangy, a melange of yumness in all hidden in these Cherry and Dark Chocolate Blondies. I got to know about these simple beauties very recently and they have becomes by to go dessert every time I am craving something comforting. I feel I have developed a crush on them, not the kinds where I can stop eating these at one bite, but the one where I can complete the entire batch at one go! They are so so addictive.
So while you are thinking of making some easy peasy desserts with fresh cherries, this one is a winner. Buttery, chocolaty and everything nice!
INGREDIENTS: (makes 9 pieces)
- 140 gms whole wheat flour (you can use all purpose flour also)
- 110 gms unsalted butter, melted and at room temperature
- 1 egg, room temparture
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 gms light brown sugar
- 65 gms dark chocolate chunks
- 50 gms homemade cherry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180C for atleast 15 minutes. Meanwhile line a 8 inch baking tray with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Take a bowl with egg and brown sugar and beat it until light. This would take around 2 minutes or so.
- Now add melted butter and vanilla extract and beat until just incorporated.
- Add baking powder and whole wheat flour and beat on lowest speed until everything is just combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chunks gently into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the baking tray. Take a spoon and put dollops of cherry jam on it. Using a skewer make swirls on the cherry jam.
- Put the mixture to bake into the oven for 28 – 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool completely. Now cut it into equal squares and enjoy!