A half summer, half monsoon kinda weather calls for the best of both the seasons – some delicious fresh fruits turned into something warm and comforting. A cool early morning breeze and a sizzling hot bowl of healthy breakfast fix – its a dreamy and yummy start to the morning. I have started to make crisps quite often given that its super simple to make and versatile. Be it a hectic morning or a relaxed weekend morning, crisps is a one stop solution. And when you have such amazing seasonal produce like peaches and mangoes, this one is a definite crowd pleaser.
Juicy fruits bubbling under a delicious topping made with oats and quinoa, this is my new favorite.
INGREDIENTS: (For 2 – 3 people)
- 1 cup chopped mangoes
- 1/2 cup chopped peaches
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 40 gms cold butter + extra for greasing the ramekin
- Cherries to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180 C for atleast 15 minutes. Meanwhile grease your ramekins with butter and set aside.
- In a bowl add the fruits, coconut sugar, cinnamon powder and mix it and keep aside.
- In another bowl, add quinoa flour, rolled oats, vanilla, baking powder and mix well.
- Now take the cubes of cold butter, mix the butter into the mixture using two forks or using your finger tips. It should resemble like a coarse crumb.
- Divide the fruit mix between the ramekins equally such that the ramekin in a little over half full.
- Now divide the quinoa oat mixture and layer it on top of the fruits and let it bake for 18 – 20 minutes.
- Once done remove it from the oven, garnish with cherries (or a scoop of icecream or even Greek Yogurt) and enjoy!