The unraveling of a full season of monsoon calls for some rustic comfort food. The slight nip in the air, the lashing of the rains on the window pane, the lush greenery all around and an enticing smell of the wet sand (aka “gilli mitti”). And along with this comes a lot of everyday hurdles – bad traffic (especially here in Bangalore), the crazy water logging (even if it rains for 10 minutes) and a sudden lethargy. All this calls for a simple and quick pasta meal and this Mushroom Pasta hits the right spot. Hot bowl of pasta, a perfect brown tone of the mushrooms, fresh herbs and aged parmesan adorning it and I am already in food coma. An absolute heavenly dinner meal (Tastes best when paired with a glass of your favorite wine).
I simply love pasta. My appetite almost doubles with a bowl of good pasta. The beautiful combination of garlic and mushrooms make me fall in love with this fungi even more. Whether you are tired after a day of work, a quick meal of this delicious pasta will be the reason of your heart and belly being happy.
INGREDIENTS: (For 2 – 3 people)
- 250 – 300 gms fresh button mushroom, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 – 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp parmesan shavings
- 1 basil leaf, to garnish
- salt, to taste
- freshly grounded black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions in the packet and keep aside.
- Meanwhile take a saucepan and put it on medium flame. Add olive oil and chilli flakes and saute for 20 – 25 seconds.
- Now add garlic and saute it until its fragrant. Now add all the mushrooms and let it cook for 1 minute or so until tender and water has evaporated.
- Add soya sauce and toss the mushrooms for 30 – 40 seconds. Now add the cream, 1 tbsp Parmesan shaving, salt, pepper, half the amount of parsley and toss.
- Add the pasta and gently toss. Add the pasta cooking liquid (if required) and let the pasta cook for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan shavings and serve!