Summer breakfast is always delicious – healthy, fresh and colorful and this Cherry Banana Oats Smoothie is all about that goodness. An everyday morning stressful affair is almost sorted with this yumness. While mangoes are a must eat during summers, the market is full of ruby red cherries. Perfect balance of tart and sweetness, cherries are a perfect ingredient to enjoy in smoothies, desserts and of course as is. This recipe is as simple as anything can get. Throw in a bit of this and a bit of that and you have a glass of awesomeness.
So while the fruits are still available in the grocery store, it’s time to kick start the hot and long days with this Cherry Banana Oats Smoothie
INGREDIENTS: ( For 2 people)
- 2 medium bananas, diced and frozen
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 4 tbsp oats
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp flax seeds + extra for garnish
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 8 – 9 ice cubes
- In a blender add the chopped bananas, pitted cherries, oats, yogurt, vanilla extract, flax seeds, maple syrup and ice cubes and blend it until smooth and without any lumps.
- Transfer it to serving glasses and garnish with flax seeds and chia seeds and serve cold.