Bold and bright citrus flavors in my desserts is my new favorite and when I made a batch of citrus-y lemon curd at home, it got polished off in no time! Whether is about gifting a bottle of freshly made lemon curd or whether it is slathering in on your morning toast or making some delicious desserts out of it, lemon curd is surely here to win your heart. Sweet, zesty, luscious and yummy – it goes with everything!
A quick and easy recipe, you can make a big batch to enjoy it almost daily. When life gives you lemons, you no longer make lemonade, you definitely need to make Lemon Curd!
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 large eggs (approx 155 gms without the shell)
- 130 gms granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 50 gms unsalted butter, room temperature
- Take a saucepan with water and put it on medium flame on the stove.
- Take another saucepan with 3 whole eggs and sugar and place it over the saucepan of simmering water and keep stirring the egg and sugar mixture.
- Make sure to keep stirring it to avoid curdling of the mixture.
- Now add the lemon juice and stir continuously for almost 10 – 12 minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
- Once its thick, pass the mixture through a fine sieve to avoid any lumps. Now add the lemon zest and butter into this mixture and stir until there are no butter chunks left.
- Cover this mixture with cling film such that the cling wrap is touching the top of the lemon curd. This is done so that there is no skin formation.
- Refrigerate it and use it within 8 – 10 days.