Oreo + Truffle + Tart = I am salivating again! Are you ? These are all my favorite things put together in a single decadent dessert. If there is one cookie/ biscuit that I can munch on without getting bored, it has to be classic Oreo Cookies. These mini wonders are by far one of the best in the whole world. You can’t get enough of it. And putting these cookies in your desserts is divine. The luscious truffle compliments the sweetness of the cookies and this tart has become my new heart throbber.
I must admit that I often want to use quick fixes in complex cooking methods. One of which is making a tart base and blind baking it. And using oreo is one such solution and why not is it tastes so good. A quick dessert fix for all the get together and birthdays, this chocolate tart is going to be everyone’s new favorite.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes a 6 inch tart)
- 12 Oreo biscuits, cream removed
- 3 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 120 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 200 grams fresh cream (I used Amul cream)
- 8 – 9 berries (I used fresh strawberries)
- 5 – 6 hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a blender take oreo biscuits and blitz until its a fine powder. To that add 1 tbsp melted butter and mix it using a spoon.
- Transfer the mixture to a tart mould and press on all sides evenly using the back of a spoon evenly. Put it in the fridge until you need it.
- Meanwhile heat the cream and remaining butter in a saucepan on low flame. Do not boil it. Let it simmer.
- Pour this cream and butter mix on the chopped dark chocolate and whisk it until its smooth and cream without any lumps.
- Transfer this on the oreo base and refrigerate it overnight.
- Take a saucepan and melt sugar. Once the sygar melts and turns golden brown, remove it from heat and spread it over a parchment paper (yu can also coat some hazelnuts in it)
- Before serving the tart, garnish with fresh berries, candied hazelnuts and praline.