There are a few must to do things for every summer and this luscious Eggless Mango Mousse is one of them. This screams summer – the beautiful yellow color, the aroma of the fresh mangoes, velvety texture and a chilled dessert. Everytime I end up making a mango mousse, its over in no time. My family loves it given that its seasonal and sugarless.
I often ask myself, retrospect almost everyday as to where do I get these ideas for cooking. Sometimes its my family’s confidence in me where there is a sense of expectation and happiness every time I make something, sometimes its through talking to people around me, what do they enjoy and definitely a lot of my friends across the world who come up with such beautiful creations. I feel good about the happiness and positivity around me and it helps me garner a lot of confidence and courage to go and create something. So thank you all!
So for all the mango lovers out there, do try out this quick Eggless Mango Mousse recipe now!
INGREDIENTS: (4 -5 people)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh mango puree (I used Alphonso mangoes)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 /2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh mango, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
- 10 – 12 cherries (optional)
- mint leaves, to garnish
- lemon zest, to garnish
- Chill the whipping cream in the fridge for 1 hour or so. Take a clean bowl and whip the cream until they form soft peaks.
- Add vanilla extract and whip it for another 10 seconds until just incorporated
- Fold in the mango puree gently into the whipped cream and transfer it equally among the glasses.
- Allow it to chill in the refrigerator for 6 – 7 hours.
- Garnish with diced mangoes, berries, cherries, mint leaves and lemon zest and serve immediately.