My all time summer favorite combination is Lemon and Blueberry, and when you combine them in a mini loaf, they are irresistible! While I enjoy baking almost anytime of the day, I usually have sudden morning cravings for freshly baked goodies. And this no fail classic comes to my rescue every time. Its almost like saying that when life gives you lemons, you make these Lemon and Blueberry Mini Loafs.
The burst of freshness from the blueberries and the tang from the lemon, these mini bundles of wowness is not to missed this summer. They are an epitome of summer yumness. Buttery, lemon-y and yummy!
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 4 – 5 mini loaf cake)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I used fresh blueberries)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp whole milk
- 80 grams jaggery powder or granulated white sugar
- 60 grams butter, cubed and at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp heaped baking powder
- 1/ 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 170 C for atleast 15 minutes. Butter or spray your mini loaf tins. (I used a mini loaf liner hence didn’t have to butter or spray)
- In a bowl take the blueberries, 1 tbsp of flour and toss together until bluebrries are all coated with flour and keep aside.
- In a bowl whisk together whole wheat flour, lemon zest and baking soda and keep aside.
- In a another bowl take the butter and beat it using a electric beater until soft. Add the jaggery or white sugar and beat it until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg and beat it until just incorporated. add lemon juice and beat it for 10 – 20 seconds.
- Now add the flour mixture and milk and fold it gently until the mixture is just incorporated.
- Add the blueberries and fold it gently into the batter.
- Transfer the batter equally into the baking moulds and bake it for 28 -30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once done, let it cool down and then dive in!