A bowl of scrumptious salad, freshly prepared chilled juice and a bite sized healthy desserts is what I usually crave for during the days when the temperature is soaring. Vibrant, fresh and delicious is what salad means to me and this Mayo Pasta Salad is my definition of a boring salad made exciting. I am sure by now you must be knowing how much I love my food and that I can’t eat the same thing day in and day out. Given this, I cannot thrive on leafy salads all the time and this salad fits in beautifully in my meal plans.
I throw in all the bits of veggies kept in the fridge, play around with a few dressing ideas and tada! my salad in ready. Creamy, crunchy, spicy and sweet – all packed in a single bowl of this mayo pasta salad that you ought to fall in love with this!
INGREDIENTS: (For 4 people)
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked fusilli pasta
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched
- 3/4 cup peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (I used store bought mayonnaise)
- 6 tbsp yogurt/ hung curd (I used Epigamia Artisinal yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha Sauce (I used Bhut Sriracha Sauce)
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put a pot of water along with a tsp of salt on stove and bring it to a rolling boil. Once done put the uncooked pasta and let it cook until al dente.
- Once it is cooked, drain it and run the pasta under tap water and keep aside.
- In a bowl whisk together yogurt, sriracha sauce, mayonnaise, salt and pepper until its smooth.
- Take a bowl add all the ingredients – peppers, broccoli, pasta, parsley, cilantro and mix it gently.
- Add the dressing and toss it until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Garnish with berries and serve!