Time is flying and before I can register the weekend is here again. And obviously the worst thing about a weekend is that it gets over even before it starts. Its definitely not a good feeling but… Nevertheless, my fun time, my me time in the kitchen only happens during weekends. I love experimenting and its a bittersweet journey. These Baked Curry Powder Potato Chips is a serendipity out of my experimentation. A beautiful evening, a hot cuppa and some crisp and delicious potato chips. I am already dreaming about it again. Flavored with my latest favorite spice blend – Madras Curry Powder, these crispy chips has topped my snack list. The aroma of the spices will make you want to go for another piece for sure!
INGREDIENTS: (For 2 – 3 people)
- 3 large potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 2 1/2 tbsp Madras Curry powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil/ melted butter
- salt, to taste
- freshly grounded black pepper, to taste
- yogurt dip, for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200 C for atleast 15 minutes. Line your baking tray with parchment paper and keep aside. (You can avoid lining with parchment paper)
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the potatoes thinly with their skin on. You can also cut them into wedges.
- In a big bowl mix olive oil/ butter, madras curry powder, garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepper and whisk it.
- Now put the sliced potatoes into this mixture and massage it gently until all the slices are well coated.
- Take each slice and place it on the baking sheet and put it into the oven to bake for 20 – 22 minutes or until each side is crisp and golden brown. (Midway you can turn the slices so that they bake evenly).
- Serve hot with green chutney or yogurt dip.