The season of strawberries is almost getting over and I am making lots of fresh strawberry homemade jam until the next season comes by. Bright red, tart and luscious Strawberry Jam is what I crave for and nothing is better than a homemade version of it. You pair it with a regular slice of bread, top it on your ice cream, layer it in your cookies or add a bit into your salad dressing, this homemade jam is surely to win your hearts!
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 1 cup)
- 300 grams fresh strawberries, roughly chopped
- 5 tbsp brown sugar (you can adjust the quantity depending on the sweetness of the strawberries)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Put the roughly chopped strawberries and brown sugar in a saucepan and put it on medium flame, stirring occasionally.
- The strawberries will began to break and cook in their own juices. Keep stirring occasionally until the strawberries are soft and cooked.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon zest and cook until the jam mixture thickens slightly
- Once cooked remove it from the stove, add lemon juice and allow it cool completely before transferring it to a clean glass jar.
- Store it in the fridge until you use it