A bag full of handmade Double Chocolate Cookies is a perfect Valentine gift this year, isn’t it? Chocolate Cookies are classics and this Valentine’s Day you can add your extra touch of love with loading it with more chocolate. My husband and I usually don’t do anything special on Valentine’s. However I try to cook his favorite dishes and these Double Chocolate Cookies definitely tops his list. Rich, decadent and everything good that you crave for.
The excitement of making cookies in unparalleled. From making the dough to putting it to bake, its quite a journey however adept you are with the process. The waft of the freshly baked cookies spreading through your house is heavenly. I love cookies however I rarely buy and eat them. For me there is something special about baking cookies at home. I am more aware of the ingredients that goes into it and enjoy the process of making it. This Valentine I am definitely baking these yummilicous cookies, how about you?
INGREDIENTS: (makes 24 pieces)
- 113 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 160 grams granulated brown sugar
- 30 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 130 grams whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp flax seed powder
- Preheat your oven to 165 C for atleast 15 minutes. Meanwhile line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep aside
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This would take around 1.5 – 2 minutes
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat it until just incorporated
- In a bowl mix whole wheat flour, baking powder and flax seed powder and mix it.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold the mixture gently until just incorporated
- Add chocolate chunks and chocolate chips and fold the mixture
- Using a tbsp of the cookie dough and place it on the baking sheet, around an inch apart
- Put it in the freezer for 3 – 4 minutes (at max) and then into the oven to bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until the cookies are soft in the middle and firm on the edges
- Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool down. Store it in the airtight containers and enjoy upto 3 days