An ice cream a day keeps the doctor away – I guess this phrase is quite true at my home. Ice cream is the answer to every dessert craving. So I decided to try my hands in making something similar to ice cream – my family’s new favorite dessert Passion Fruit Frozen Yogurt! This homemade frozen yogurt is an explosion of flavor in every bite – tangy, sweet, creamy and delicious. I have been constantly trying to reduce sugar in take and yet not compromise on the small pleasures of life. I don’t believe in quitting anything completely but yes I believe that cheat days are important, actually very very important.
I don’t like eating passion fruit as is, but when its in a dessert, I am mesmerized by the depth of flavor it lends to the entire dish. When I received a big batch of passion fruit, I instantly knew that its time to try my long time to do recipe of a frozen yogurt. Never did I know making ice creams at home would be so easy, hassle free and so pure. Whether you are lazy or no, this yogurt ice cream is a must must try and you’ll fall in love with it.
INGREDIENTS: (For 3 – 4 people)
- 3 tbsp Passion Fruit pulp
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt ( I used Epigamia Yogurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp Nolen Gur (You can use Jaggery Powder or any other sweetner)
- 1/2 tsp orange zest (optional)
- 4 store bought waffle cones
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped almonds, toasted and chopped
- few mint leaves, to garnish
- 1 tbsp passion fruit seeds, to garnish
- In a bowl mix passion fruit pulp, greek yogurt, vanilla extract, nolen gur and orange zest. Whisk it until it is well incorporated.
- Put it in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Using an electric beater, beat this mixture on medium-high speed in every 2 hours for 1 minute or so.
- Continue this for atleast 3 -4 times. Allow the mixture to freeze for sometime.
- Using an ice cream scoop, put a scoop in the waffle cone, garnish with chopped almonds, passion fruit seeds and mint leaves and serve immediately.