Chocolate for breakfast – doesn’t that sound interesting enough! This delicious granola is every chocolate lovers dream come true. Make this scrumptious chocolate granola with just 11 basic ingredients and yes you’ll fall in love with it. Healthy, tasty, easy and all the good things you can think of. I am a complete coffee addict, period! I need my steaming cup of coffee to kick start my day. However this Dark Chocolate Granola is the only thing that can replace my coffee. It is super addictive and my new friend on the breakfast table. The secret to this granola is using the most premium chocolate available
The hide and seek of the chunks of dark chocolate in the chocolate-y granola is phenomenal. The nuttiness from the almonds and the tangy-ness from the berries all lends in beautifully to create a healthy breakfast and on the go snack. Try it and you’ll get addicted for sure!
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 4 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup mixed nuts, roughly chopped (I used 3/4 cup almonds and 1/4 cup walnuts)
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (I used pumpkin and melon seeds)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup dried mixed berries
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks (I used 72% dark chocolate)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 170 C for atleast 15 minutes. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients – oats, nuts, mixed seeds, chia seeds, dried berries, brown sugar and cocoa powder and keep aside. Make sure to mix it well so that the cocoa powder covers the entire mixture.
- In another bowl whisk together butter, vanilla extract and honey until incorporated.
- Now add the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix it well until the dry ingredients are coated enough.
- Now spread out the mixture on the baking sheet and put it to bake for 20 – 22 minutes
- Around 10 minutes into baking, use a fork to just toss the granola mix so that it bakes evenly without burning and put it back into baking for 10 -12 minutes more.
- Take it out from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Store it in an airtight container and you can use it for 7 – 10 days.