Weekend breakfast or brunches is all about awesomeness. The beautifully ornated brunch tables with freshly squeezed juice, perfectly toasted bread and bagels, colorful array of fruits, eggs done just how you want it and then pretty waffles. Its quite dreamy but yes I try to make my weekend morning pretty exciting with everything that I love to enjoy with my family. Waffles is a family favorite and we all love to eat combinations and variations of the same.
With the berry season in full swing, a stack of crisp and yummy waffles with fresh berries and Greek yogurt topping is all you need to start your morning. Obsessed with it, these have become have my breakfast friends. Try this now and you’ll fall in love with it from the very first bite.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 4 waffles)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 30 grams granulated brown sugar (you can also use granulated white sugar)
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 30 grams butter, melted and room temperature + extra for greasing
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 150 grams plain Greek yogurt, chilled
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup mixed berries
- In a bowl whisk buckwheat flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar and baking powder and keep aside.
- In another bowl mix egg, milk, butter and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and keep aside.
- Add the wet mix into the dry mixture and fold it gently until just combined.
- Lightly grease your waffle maker machine with butter and heat it according to the instructions mentioned in the manual.
- Once heated, pour around 1/2 of the batter into the machine such that it covers all the dents. Close it and let the waffle cook for the duration mentioned in the manual until its brown and crisp. This would take 4 – 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile take the Greek yogurt in a bowl along with honey and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and whisk it. Keep it inside the freezer for 5 – 7 minutes until its ready to serve.
- Once the waffles are done, garnish with Greek yogurt mix and berries and serve with maple syrup immediately!