Hello folks! Everything around me looks so festive and merry. The beautifully adorned Christmas tree in every nook and corner of the street, the colorful lights hanging everywhere, the cafes beaming with lots of freshly baked goodies and not to forget the conversations going on everywhere as to how one is celebrating Christmas. Amidst the endless baking going on in my kitchen, I feel I need a small break to make something comforting and simple. Hence we have a Quick Homestyle Sandwich Alert!
Sometimes all I need is a simple sandwich to feel good. Chop some basic ingredients, slather it on yoru favourite bread, toast it and you’re done. I made these Mayo and Hung Curd Veggie Sandwich for breakfast a few days back and it was yummy! Chopped few veggies, mixed it with hung curd and mayo, seasoned it, toasted my bread and my breakfast was done. I felt like a superstar. Save this recipe now because you can use all your teeny weeny leftovers to get this delish homestyle sandwich. No frills, no fancies – only goodness!
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 4 sandwiches)
- 8 slices of multigrain bread (you can also use white sandwich bread)
- 4 tbsp of store bought mayoniesse
- 1 cup hung curd (you can also plain Greek Yogurt)
- 1 large onion, finely choppeed
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/3 cup corn kernels, boiled and cooled to room temparture
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp freshly parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Take mayo and hung curd in a bowl and whisk it until combined. Now add onion, bell peppers, grated carrot, corn kernels, chili flakes, parsley, coriander leaves, salt and black pepper and mix it well.
- Put a gridle pan on medium flame. Meanwhile take one slice of bread and generously fill it with the mixture you have made in the first step. Make sure to leave some space towards to the edges will putting the mixture.
- Take another slice of bread and place it on top of it.
- Take a little butter and put it on the pan. Place the sandwich on the griddle pan and let it cook for 1 minute – 90 seconds. Meanwhile lightly butter the bread on the top.
- Carefully turn the bread over and let the sandwich cook on the other side for 60 – 90 seconds.
- Once cooked and golden brown on both sides, take it off from the griddle pan and place it on the kitchen top. Diagonally cut it making sure the mixture doesnt ooze out of the slices of bread.
- Serve immediately with ketchup or as is.