Jams often reminds me of my childhood days. It transports me back it in time when mum used to generously slather store bought jam on a piece of bread and then tummy was happy! The fridge door was usually adorned with a plethora of beautiful and colorful jars of jams – berry, orange and lots more. To me jam making always seemed like a difficult process, until I tried to give it a shot. My first homemade jam was a strawberry chia jam and believe me it was darn delicious! I realized how very few ingredients can be turned into something so wonderful and addictive. With Christmas approaching, I have already begun the multitude of baking sessions in my kitchen. This Cranberry Jam is a must try. Layer it on your toast, swirl it in your festive loaf cakes, fill it in your cookies – it tastes delicious.
A quick, 4 ingredient recipe is sure to win everyone’s heart. Planning to gift homemade goodies this Christmas to friends and family or planning to make some dessert for the party, this Jam is the answer to all your needs.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 1 cup)
- 200 gms of cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 120 gms granulated white sugar
- 3 – 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Wash the cranberries properly. Take the cranberries in a saucepan along with sugar ad water and let it cook on low-medium heat.
- Keep stirring it occasionally. Once the berries have softened by 60%, take a potato masher and gently mash the entire mixture.
- Let the berries cook more and it will soften completely and start to thicken.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, stir in lemon juice if needed and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once cooled transfer it into a clean, moisture free glass container. Keep it in the fridge until consumption.