Hunting for an easy peasy recipe for a non chocolate cookie – these bright buttery cookies are soon going to be your elixir for happiness. While chocolate cookies are almost everyone’s favorite, these lemon – thyme cookies are magical! Shortbread cookies are an epitome of glamour and simplicity. They are fun to make – quite therapeutic and almost like your canvas where you can play around with different flavor combination and make these little heart wonders.
Bright and buttery – these lemon and thyme cookies are perfect additions to your breakfast as well as tea time table. The freshness from the locally sourced fresh lemons and the fragrance from fresh thyme makes you want to go for another bite. Absolutely scrumptious. Minimal ingredients, fool proof recipe and these little indulgent and melt in your mouth cookies are ready in no time.
Share some love with these cookies!
INGREDIENTS: (Makes around 16 – 18 cookies)
- 1 cup multigrain flour + extra for dusting
- 113 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 35 grams granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- few thyme leave sprigs, for garnishing
- In a bowl beat butter and sugar until they are smooth and creamy. This would take around 40 – 50 seconds.
- Now add vanilla extract and beat it for 20 seconds.
- Add in multi-grain flour and salt and beat it on low speed for 40 – 50 seconds , until its just combined.
- Now to this mixture add lemon juice, lemon zest and thyme leaves and beat it for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to your kitchen top. Make sure that the kitchen top is lightly floured. Combine the entire dough mixture. Do not over mix/ over knead it.
- Flatten the dough mixture into a disc shape, cling wrap it and put it the fridge to chill for atleast 1 hour.
- Meanwhile pre heat your oven to 180C for atleast 15 minutes. Line your baking sheet with a parchment paper and keep aside.
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Lightly flour the surface. Roll out the dough to a 1/4 inch think circle. Take heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out the cookies.
- Transfer each cookie to the baking sheet. Garnish it with thyme sprigs. Allow the cookie to bake in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes or until the cookies are light golden brown.
- Once done, take it out from the oven and allow it to cool completely and enjoy!