Its gratifying to see how something so delicious and addictive comes together effortlessly. A cozy chilly morning, a steaming cup of coffee and a moist banana bread – my dreamy kinda morning! Actually this is the way to break-fast. A quiet early morning, baking this quick banana bread, breakfast table seems all the more pretty and these small little joys makes a fulfilling day!
This buckwheat and oats banana bread is a healthy makeover to the classic eggless banana bread and is tastes darn delicious. Just the right amount of sweetness and moistness, try this once and this bread will be everyone’s favorite in your house.
INGREDIENTS: (Make 1 – 9 inch loaf)
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup oats flour
- 3 medium sized ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (you can use vegetable oil too)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp star anise powder
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds (I used pumpkin and melon seeds) + extra for garsnishing
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease the loaf tin with oil and dust it with flour and keep aside. Optionally you can line it with parchment paper and keep aside too.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix buckwheat flour, oats flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, star anise powder and mixed seeds and keep aside.
- In another bowl, take oil, honey, vanilla extract and brown sugar and whisk it still well combined.
- Take 2 bananas and mash it used a fork and add it to the oil mixture.
- Now combine the wet and dry ingredients and gently fold it until the mixture is well combined.
- Add milk if the consistency it too thick. Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin.
- Now take the last remaining banana and cut it lengthwise from the center. Place it on top of the transferred mixture and garnish with mixed seeds and some brown sugar.
- Bake it for 30 – 35 minutes at 180C or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked, allow it to cool, unmould it, slice it up and serve with vanilla ice cream or as is.