The nip in the air, the beautiful color of the leaves, the pretty pumpkin decoration adorning everyone’s houses and not to forgot the aroma of the most delicious and comforting food wafting through my entire house – that’s absolutely dreamy! Yes Fall and Halloween is right here and so in my favorite Fall recipe of Overnight Pumpkin Pie Parfait!
While I was in the US, everyone eagerly waited for Fall. The most picturesque any city can get throughout the year. Perfect time to spend nestled in the blanket, sip on a cup of hot latte or warm soup and enjoy the scenic beauty. And then comes those pumpkin recipes – the delicious Pumpkin Spiced Latte or the Pumpkin Pies, you can’t stop but gorge on those. This Parfait is a twist on my favorite pumpkin pie which helps be indulge guilt free. The warmth from the fresh spices and the creaminess from the coconut milk and yogurt is the best thing to ask for every morning.
So just when you were thinking how to indulge in a pumpkin pie, you’ve got you covered!
INGREDIENTS: (For 2 – 3 people)
- 1 1/2 cup diced pumpkin, seeds removed
- 200 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 100 grams plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp black chia seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 2 1/2 tbsp agave nectar (or honey)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 – 2 cloves
- 1 pod of cardamom
- orange zest, for garnshing
- edible flowers, for garnishing
- In a bowl mix rolled oats, coconut milk, greek yogurt, 1 tbsp agave nectar, chia seeds and vanilla extract and whisk it under there are no lumps. Keep it in the refrigerator in a bowl overnight.
- Take the diced pumpkin pieces in a pressure cooker with a bit of water and let it cook for about 3 – 4 whistles. Once its done let the steam escape on its own before you open it.
- Once cooked to perfection and softened completely take the cooked pumpkin cubes and puree it along with cardamom, cloves, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder, ginger powder and the remaining agave nectar.
- Puree it completely (without water). In case you have a lot of water in the puree, you can cook the mixture on low-medium flame to let the moisture evaporate and then allow the puree to cook down completely.
- Meanwhile take the walnuts and almonds and pulse it in a food processor until the big lumps don’t exist.
- Use a couple of serving jars, layer each of them with equal amount of walnut and almond crumb.
- Then evenly divide the the coconut-yogurt and chia mixture. Layer it with pumpkin spiced puree.
- Finally garnish with orange zest strips and edible flowers. Allow it to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.