Explosion of firecrackers or explosion of flavors on your palate? I think I will choose the latter all the time. I love firecrackers too, but yes as a conscious citizen, I’ll settle for only a few of these crackers this year. Coming back to explosion of flavors, these Paneer Tikka Pizza Bites is what I call East meets West!
These bite sized pizzas is surely going to be Diwali party hotlist this year. Loaded with awesomeness of desi + videshi herbs and spices, this will surely brighten up your Diwali. Get some basic veggies, crank up the temperature of the oven and it will do its job rightly to get you the most flavorful oven roasted paneer tikka. That sizzling noise of the paneer tikka charring is therapeutic and the perfectly baked pizza crust adds a wonderful crunch to the entire dish.
With a gazillion version of pizzas now available, this one just adds to that mammoth list. Spiked with Indian flavors, this is sure to win everyone’s heart (and tummy too)!
INGREDIENTS: (For 5 – 6 people)
- 250 grams paneer, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup mixed bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup onion, cut into small cubes
- 2 1/2 tbsp gram flours (besan)
- 3 tbsp plain greek yogurt/ hung curd
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 tsp dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Fun Food pizza- pasta sauce
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 14 – 15 store bought mini pizzas
- salt, to taste
- coriander leaves, to garnish
- In a bowl mix all the veggies – paneer cubes, peppers and onion and keep aside.
- In another bowl mix yogurt, besan, turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste, carom seeds, garam masala, amchur powder, chaat masala, salt, lemon juice and dried fenugreek leaves and mix it.
- Now put the mixed veggies into it and marinate it well. Make sure it coats evenly. Cover the bowl with a lid and keep it in the fridge for 10 – 12 hours.
- Now take a griddle pan and put some oil on it. Put it on medium-high flame. Now take a small batch of the paneer and veggies and put it on the griddle pan and let it cook for 1 – 2 minutes on each side.
- Once done remove it and keep aside. Repeat the process for the remaining batches.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 220C for atleast 15 minutes
- Mix chili flakes, tomato ketchup and pizza-pasta sauce in a bowl and keep aside.
- Now take the mini pizza base. Apply the ketchup mix on it. (You can choose not to apply this and apply the leftover yogurt mixture on the pizza base.)
- Evenly top it with the cooked paneer mixture. Transfer it on the wire rack and allow it to bake at 220C for 5 minutes. Lower the temperature to 180C and allow it cook for 8 – 10 minutes until the base turns light brown and the tikka chars.
- Remove from oven, garnish with coriander leaves and serve!