Every ingredient has it watershed moment and the one we are talking about is Avocado. Already at the helm of all the paparrazi, there is certainly enough reason for it to enjoy all the glitter and glamour. Lets jump into the Avocado Toast Express and follow suit. Its trending over the internet and more importantly in my kitchen.
A pretty weekend brunch or a quick weekday breakfast – this toast combination solves all your problems. Slather smashed avocado on a piece of your favorite slice of toast, layer it with herb tossed veggies or freshly chopped veggies, finish it off with salt and pepper and bite into it. You’ll discover something exciting and delightful.
Take your toast love a notch higher, healthier and prettier with these amazingly delicious Avocado and Mushroom Toast!
INGREDIENTS: (For 2 people)
- 1 ripe Avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 200 grams Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onion stalks
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomatoes, pulp removed and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 medium sized lemon
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp mixed sesame seeds
- 3 slices of multi grain bread, toasted and cut into half diagonally
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl take the avocado pulp and mash it using a knife. It is okay to have some small chunks in the mixture.
- Add tomatoes, capsicum, salt, pepper, green chili, capsicum, garlic and lemon juice and mix it. Keep it aside
- Meanwhile heat the saucepan on medium flame. Once heated add the oil. Add half the sesame seeds and toss it. Now add the spring onion and let it cook until translucent.
- Now add the mushroom slices, chili flakes and salt and stir the mixture.
- Once the mushroom is tender add the chopped basil leaves and mix it.
- Now take a slice of bread, slather avocado mix and then top it with mushrooms.
- Garnish with micro greens or herbs and serve.