The pretty pink color greeting you a beautiful morning – is there anything more you can ask for? Yes that’s my new found friend – Berry Banana Smoothie.
I love the whole new concept of Breakfast on the Go. It’s exciting how simple things come together to make something delicious and healthy. And not to forget mornings are calmer and peaceful since these dishes are quite simple to make. Among the myriad of options that you can make, breakfast smoothie is my all time favorite. Throw in some basic pantry staples in the blender and let it to the rest. Try it once and you’ll be hooked forever.
Smoothies is like a meal in the glass. Quite filling and makes you feel rejuvenated. Creamy, nutritious and everything yummy you can ask for each morning!
INGREDIENTS: (For 1 – 2 people)
- 1 big banana, kept in the freezer for 30 minutes
- 1 cup of mixed berries (I used strawberries and blackberries)
- 4 tbsp plain yogurt
- 120 ml chilled unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp agave nectar (optional)
- pinch of cinnamon powder
- pinch of nutmeg powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- few mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Roughly chop the bananas and keep aside.
- Put the chopped bananas, mixed berries, yogurt, agave nectar, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and coconut milk in the blender and blend until its smooth and lump free
- Add the chia seeds and give it a quick stir. Transfer it to the serving glass/jar.
- Garnish it with mint leaves and serve chill!