Its time to awaken your taste buds and kickstart your morning in a healthy, hearty way! I love to have a sumptuous breakfast, the kind where the entire breakfast table is adorned with fresh juices, freshly baked breads, brewed coffee, perfectly cooked eggs and a beautiful breakfast dessert tart. Oh gosh! I am already dreaming about it. Very rarely my breakfast table looks so full that I am spoilt for choices. All I try to do is make one or the other dish of my dreamy breakfast table on and off. Once such dish is the fabulous breakfast granola tart.
Fancy to look but simple to make, these tarts can appease your sweet cravings in a nutritious way. Loaded with heavenly flavours, these tarts makes mornings happier and merrier. The stunning granola crust, the fresh juicy fruits and luscious yogurt – all come together beautifully. Indulgent but definitely healthy. So just when you were craving dessert for breakfast or breakfast for dessert, we got you a solution!
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 3 – 4 inch tarts)
For the tart:
- 1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (I used Quaker oats)
- 3 /4 cup finally chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup finelly chopped hazelnuts
- 75 grams unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature + extra for greasing the tin
- 1 tbsp mixed sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the filling and topping:
- 180 grams plain Greek Yogurt (I used Epigamia Greek Yogurt)
- 3 tbsp agave nectar (you can use honey instead)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp black chia seeds
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 small green apple, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 160C for atleast 20 minutes. Grease the tart tins slightly with melted butter and keep aside.
- Meanwhile take all the dry ingredients for tart crust – Oats, Sesame Seeds, Chia Seeds, Walnuts, Hazelnuts and Cinnamon – and mix it in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together melted butter and vanilla extract and then add it to the dry ingredient bowl.
- Using a spoon mix the entire granola mix. Now transfer 1/3rd of the mixture to one tart shell. Using the back of your spoon press the granola mix towards the edges of the shell. Make sure that there are no gaps left.
- Put these tart shells to bake in the oven for 18 – 20 minutes.
- Once done, using the back of your spoon, press down the granola mix and then allow the tart to cool completely in the tart shell.
For the filling:
- While the tart shell is cooling down, we can make the filling.
- In a bowl take greek yogurt, agave nectar (or honey) and vanilla extract and whisk it using the wire whisk.
- Once the tart base has completely cooled down, demould it carefully.
- Divide the yogurt mixture between the 3 tart shells and fill it completely.
- Garnish with pomegranate arils, green apple slices, chia seeds and any leftover granola and serve!