Hello folks! I can’t believe that I have penned down 100 of my favorite recipes and shared my culinary stories with all if you. The love I have got from each of you is completely overwhelming. It is so gratifying to see the blog grow from a single viewer to a community of such amazing people who appreciate my efoorts and my love for food. I can’t thank each of you enough for your unending faith in me.
Coming to the 100th blog post celebration, means something special was cooking in my kitchen. A dish that invokes memories of my first baking experience and has become my family (and definitely my lil one’s) favorite – Quick Banana Bread. However this is not a post about the classic banana brad but something which is healthy, super easy and unquestionably delicious – Banana Bread Granola!
When you feel like munching something, a bowl of this granola with or without yogurt is all you will need to satisfy your hunger pang as well as your sweet craving. The aroma of banana bread flavors wafting through the entire house is therapeutic. The warmth of the spices and the infused banana flavor makes it quite addictive.
Just as we enjoyed this super bowl of granola, make a BIG batch for yourself because I bet this will get over in no time!
METHOD: (Makes 3 cups)
- 1 3/4 cups jumbo oats
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 15 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin/melon seeds
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (you can use agave syrup or honey)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium sized banana, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 165 C for atleast 15 minutes. Meanwhile line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep aside
- In a bowl add jumbo oats, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, chia seeds, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, salt and brown sugar and mix well so that the ingredients are evenly spread.
- In another bowl add maple syrup and melted butter and whisk it. Add vanilla extract and whisk the mixture.
- Now add the mashed bananas and mix it well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and using a spatula mix it well so that all the ingredients are well coated and evenly spread.
- Spread the entire mix onto the baking tray and spread evenly. Put it in the oven to bake for 23- 25 minutes.
- Around 10 minutes into baking, take the baking sheet out and using a fork just mix the entire granola mixture to avoid burning of the ingredients.
- Put it back into the oven and allow it to bake for another 13 – 15 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven, fluff it using a fork and allow the mixture to cool down completely. Only once it is cooled will the mixture get crunchy.
- Store it in an airtight container upto 2 weeks.