Mangoes and Mexican flavors – sounds lovely and oh so yum! Sometimes all you need is a wonderful assortment of fresh and seasonal produce to make something utterly delicious! Mango salsa has been our family’s summer fare when the market is full of ripe and raw mangoes. Whether it is weekend brunches or something fresh and simple for weeknights, this bowl of confetti like colors is a hit!
Yes, my entire family loves Mexican food especially salsa. Sometimes the usual salsa becomes commonplace and this is when fruit salsas come handy. Tangy, sweet and spicy, all loaded in a single bowl pairs well with nachos, tacos or as a relish! So before the mangoes are out of this season, make this amazing salsa for friends and family in just no time!
INGREDIENTS: (For 2 – 3 people)
- 1/2 cup raw mangoes, diced
- 3/4 cup ripe mangoes, diced (I used Alphonso mangoes)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 2 green chillis, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp honey (optional)
- salt, to taste
- freshly grounded black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl add ripe mangoes, raw mangoes , red bell peppers, onion, cilantro and green chillis and mix it well.
- Now add lemon juice, salt and black pepper (and honey if the mangoes are too sour for your palate) and mix it well.
- Keep it in the fridge for 10 – 15 minutes before serving.
- Take it out and serve immediately and enjoy!