Hello folks! Hope you all are having a lovely week. With the mercury slowly tumbling and the relief from monsoon, it’s a great time to enjoy those lazy cozy days with near and dear ones. I love it when I have friends and family around me. The happiness they bring on my face is sublime. There is a sudden rush of energy in my house. So much fun (and chaos too). However when I have them over, I am in a thinking zone as to what new and exciting to make for them. Yes, I want to share my culinary experiences with them and at the spend less time in the kitchen too. Quite difficult, but it is then when these easy peasy recipes come handy! I had friends over the weekend and made this Grapefruit and Rosemary Cooler and they simply loved it.
The freshness from the freshly squeezed grapefruit and the warmth from the rosemary made this drink a winner. I always enjoyed this fruit as is, but I didn’t know the juice would be incredibly tasty too. The beautiful pink color makes you fall in love with it. This recipe has some serious zing, that gets your taste buds tingling! Whether its those sudden bouts of high temperatures or those lazy monsoon days, this tart and tasty cooler is a must addition!
INGREDIENTS: (For 3 people)
- 2 medium sized grapefruit
- 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 tbsp brown sugar (you can also use honey)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups soda (you can substitute this with 3 cups of water)
- 10 pieces julienne orange skin
- 1/2 cup ice cubes, partially crushed
- 1/4 orange zest (optional)
- few mint leaves, garnish (optional)
- Take 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan and put it on medium heat. Add brown sugar and 2 sprigs of rosemary and let it cook until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Once dissolved, take it out of heat and allow it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled remove the rosemary sprigs.
- Meanwhile, take the juice out of grapefruit. Pass it through a fine sieve to remove any seeds.
- Now in a container mix the grapefruit juice and rosemary syrup. Add more sugar if the mixture it too tart for you.
- In serving glass, divide the crushed ice equally. Add one sprig of rosemary in each glass and a few orange skin julienne.
- Divide the grapefruit-rosemary mix equally between the glasses and top it with soda.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve.