Some things are Pretty, Simple and absolutely Delicious and one of which is Cherries! So let’s jump into the cherry-chatter that has been taking place in everyone’s kitchen. Every corner of my fridge is filled with fresh cherries and its aroma and flavor is incredibly intoxicating! And what better way to celebrate the season of cherries than baking these super easy and moist Cherry and Dark Chocolate Muffins!
The aroma of freshly baked muffins wafting through the entire house is insanely magical. Muffins are indeed my haven whenever I am craving something sweet. When these simple vanilla muffins are studded with juicy red pitted cherries and chunks of dark chocolate – it’s every chocolate and fruit lover’s fantasy! The delicious pop of flavor from the fresh cherries has made be fall in love with these muffins. Chunks of dark chocolate makes it so decadent. Nothing beats a perfectly golden crisp and moist muffin to brighten up your day!
INGREDIENTS: (12 Regular Muffins)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil (you can also use vegetable oil)
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup halved fresh cherries, pit removed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped in chunks
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 2 tbsp milk (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 170 C for atleast 15 minutes. Meanwhile line your muffin baking tray with liners and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, lemon zest, brown sugar and caster sugar and mix it using a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, take a large egg and beat it lightly using a wire whisk or fork. Now add yogurt, oil and vanilla extract and whisk it until just combined.
- Add the pitted and halved cherries to the dry ingredients.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold in gently until the mixture is just combined.
- Finally add the chocolate chunks and combine gently. If the batter is too thick then add 2 tbsp of milk and fold gently.
- Fill the muffin cups evenly with an ice-cream scoop until each cup is 3/4th filled with batter.
- Put it in the oven and allow the muffins to bake for around 18 – 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool on the wire rack for atleast 15 – 20 minutes and its time to dig into deliciousness.
Happy days ahead!