What is the one thing that de-stresses you and lifts up your mood? For me its definitely baking! It gives me a sense of calmness. Yes, baking is my drug of happiness and nothing is more satisfying than baking and eating freshly baked chocolate cookies. I admit I love fancy desserts but deep down I often need my chocolate fudge cookies. Its called little pleasures of life.
These chocolate fudge cookies needs no introduction because they are pretty darn good. Its so chocolaty and intense that you can’t stop in a single bite. I adore them since it gives me a sign of something good, something happy! The aroma of these cookies is so inviting. It’s every chocolate lovers dream come true cookie. Incredibly easy to make and extremely decadent.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 8 big cookies)
- 20 grams all purpose flour
- 115 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 15 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 90 grams caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Put a pot of water on medium heat to boil. Take roughly chopped dark chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan and place it on the pot of water.
- Keep stirring the chocolate and butter mixture until its completely melted. Keep aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Meanwhile mix baking powder, coffee powder, salt and all purpose flour in a bowl and keep aside.
- Now take egg and sugar in another container and beat the two until the mixture is pale yellow and slightly fluffy.
- To this add the chocolate mixture and vanilla extract and beat just until well incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and fold gently until well incorporated.
- Add the chopped almonds, white and dark chocolate chips and fold in until its evenly distributed.
- Cling wrap the cookie dough and keep it in the refrigerator for atleast 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 160C for atleast 15 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Take the cookie mixture out and using a ice cream scoop take 3/4th scoop of mixture and place it on the sheet.
- Wet your hands and slightly flatten the cookie dough. Allow it to bake for 12 – 14 mixture or until the cookie is just done.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool for atleast 15 – 20 minutes before having a bite.