As a child my mum often used to make fruit custards and trifles just to imbibe the habit of eating fruits regularly. From making mango flavored custards to berry trifles, she tried all the tricks to make us eat fruit. And then came a time when I starting loving fruits and fancy little wonders became less regular.
Being a mom myself now, I am inculcating the habit in my son to eat fruits everyday. Life has taken a full circle. One an feel the true essence of motherhood, when she becomes a mother. The care, the special effort, the concern, the hardwork and yet the beautiful smile. This recipe is specially for both my mom and mumma (aka mother in law) who love their fruits and appreciate every little thing that I do. Mumma(s), you both rule my world!
The Summer Fruit Fool is an easy recipe and a winner during summers. Its refreshing, vibrant and shouts summer goodness! Desserts can’t get simpler than this.
INGREDIENTS: (For 3 -4 people)
- 2 big plums, stoned and chopped roughly
- 4 tbsp caster sugar (please adjust the sugar depending on the sweetness of the fruit)
- 1/4 cup water
- 100 grams plain Greek Yogurt (I used Epigamia Greek Yogurt)
- 100 grams heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp rosewater
- few dried berries, for garnishing
- saffron strands, for garnishing
- Take the roughly chopped fruits, sugar and water in a saucepan and put it on low flame until the fruit is extremely soft and the mixture is thick.
- Once done, puree the fruits and put it back on low flame until the mixture is thick and has no water. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl whisk Greek yogurt, heavy cream and rosewater.
- Add the puree to the cream-curd mixture and fold in gently until the fruit puree is evenly incorporated.
- Now transfer the mixture evenly into containers. Cover it with cling film and keep it in the refrigerator for atleast 4 -5 hours.
- Serve chilled with berries and saffron garnish.