The scorching heat, the luscious mangoes and a chilled drink, I think I am in love with summer. Childhood memories of enjoying the summer holidays, playing out in the sun with cousins and friends and then a chilled glass of mango milkshake – pure bliss!
This milkshake needs no introduction about how amazing it is. With the season’s best mangoes adorning the grocery, this recipe is not to be missed. The simplicity of this drink brings out the true flavors of mango and its delicious. So when the heat is taking a toll on you, make this in just a couple of minutes and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 2 people)
- 2 medium sized alphonso mangoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cups of chilled milk (keep the milk in the freezer for 5 – 10 minutes before blending)
- 8 – 10 pieces of ice cubes
- 2 tsp of agave nectar (you can use 3 tsp of powdered sugar. Please check the sweetness of the mangoes and adjust the sugar)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 scoop of vanilla ice cream, to garnish (optional)
- few mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
- In a blender, take chilled milk, ice cubes, chopped mangoes, chilled milk and vanilla extract and blend until smooth and no mango pieces are left.
- Garnish with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and mint leaves and serve chilled.