When mornings start with something so delicious, so picturesque, you don’t mind hitting the reset button for a healthy life! Smoothie bowls have started to adorn my breakfast table every morning. Smoothie bowls is the new trend everywhere and I have joined in too since its seriously yum and a true celebration of the fresh produce.
These bowls provide a perfect start to my day, makes me feel fresh, and full of energy. The panorama of colors, the freshness of the winter fruits and the creaminess of the smoothie makes you want to go for a second helping again and again. While the yoghurt and fruits provide the creaminess to the meal, the nuts provide the necessary nutrition and crunch to the dish . The superfood – chia seeds (which has been my absolute favorite for quite sometime now) adds enormous health benefits too.
So now that you have made some resolutions to keep healthy, eat healthy, lets make this smoothie bowl which is as beautiful to your palate as to your eyes. Quick to make, creamy and cold, fresh and seriously tasty. For once reward yourself with something nice because you deserve every bit of it!
INGREDIENTS: (For 2 people)
- 10 fresh strawberries, roughly chopped
- 2 large bananas, frozen for atleast 15 minutes and chopped
- 3/4 cup greek yoghurt (you can use plain yoghurt too)
- 8 tbsp almond/coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tsp black chia seeds
- 2 fresh figs, cut lengthwise for garnish
- 1/4 cup pomegranate
- 1 kiwi, scooped into balls, for garnish
- 2 tbsp unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped for garnish (you can also use toasted almonds)
- Whisk the greek yoghurt using a wire whisk until its smooth.
- In a blender, blend strawberries, almond milk, yoghurt, frozen and chopped bananas, vanilla extract and maple syrup until its smooth and lump free.
- Now stir in chia seeds until evenly incorporated.
- Take a glass/bowl and place quarter of the pomegranate seeds at the bottom and then pour in the smoothie mixture.
- Garnish with kiwi balls, fresh figs, pistachios, remaining pomegranate and dive in!
Keep healthy, eat healthy!