Tutti frutti muffins definitely takes me back to my childhood days. How simple things would make me happy. My mum used to serve these muffins with vanilla ice cream during summers and vanilla custard and fruits during winters. Gone are those little pleasures of life. But seeing my little one it makes me want to relive those beautiful, fun filled days. And what better than tutti frutti muffins. Makes me completely nostalgic as I bake these muffins.
Mind you these muffins are really addictive. The tiny pieces of candied fruits is a a heart throbber. Don’t be surprised if you eat the whole packet of tutti frutti while baking these muffins. I love them. The vanilla flavor is just perfect that lingers on your palate for quite sometime. My husband and I had it for breakfast over the weekend, had it with our afternoon cup of tea and also for dessert with french vanilla ice cream and still couldn’t get enough of it. It screams deliciousness. So quickly get your apron on and lets bake!
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 6 regular muffins)
- 90 gms all purpose flour
- 75 gms caster sugar
- 60 ml olive oil or flavorless vegetable oil
- 120 ml yoghurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup tutti frutti
- Preheat your oven to 180C for atleast 10 minutes. Line your muffin tray with muffin liners or spray it with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix caster sugar, oil and vanilla extract and whisk it well.
- In another bowl add baking soda and baking powder to the yoghurt and mix it. Leave it for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now add the curd mixture and the oil mixture in the flour and fold it gently.
- Add milk slowly to make the batter less thick. Mix in half the tutti frutti in the batter.
- Fill the muffin liners with the batter till half. Sprinkle the tutti frutti bits on the top and allow it to bake for 20 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick to see if it comes out clean and the muffins are perfectly cooked. Take it out of the oven, let it cool a bit and dig in.
Enjoy these yummy muffins!
To get the latest updates and recipes follow me on