Waking up to a cup of perfectly brewed coffee and chocolate spiced muffin is something anyone would love. These days when the mornings are less sunny in Bangalore, such a beautiful start to the morning is needed to get the day going. Reading the newspaper, sipping coffee, eating the chocolate – ginger muffins and trading stories about what is about to happen at work today – its blissful!
Among the different flavors of muffins available in bakeries, ginger spiced chocolate muffins is not commonplace. The intensity from the ginger with the sweetness from the chocolate is delicious. These little morsels of yumminess is truly a treat to yourself. Have it with your breakfast, pack these in your lunch or share it with your friends during the evening snack time, this sugar and spice combination is quite enticing. So while I am heading back to the kitchen to prepare the next batch of these deliciously soothing muffins, take a look at the recipe and make a bake these in your kitchen too.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 16 mini muffins)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds and walnuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- Preheat your oven to 180C for atleast 10 minutes. Prepare your muffin tray by lining it with muffin liners or spraying it with cooking spray.
- Take a bowl and add all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar and mix it well.
- In another bowl add vegetable oil, vanilla extract, water and white vinegar and whisk well.
- Now add in the dried ingredient mixture prepared above and fold it until well incorporated.
- Add the chopped nuts, chocolate chips and ginger and mix it. (do not over beat the batter)
- Now pour the batter into your mini muffin tray and allow it to bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked, allow it to cool a little before diving in!
- You can add ginger syrup in case you want more ginger flavor.
- You can add crystallized ginger in the batter and garnish it with it too.