Here comes another mango recipe which is a must add to your repository – Mango Cheesecake. Recipes after recipes keeping popping in my mind as I see juicy and sweet mangoes in my fridge. This cheesecake recipe is a walk down the memory lane. My mum started making different variations of this cheesecake. Once the cream cheese was more readily available in the market she tried her hands in making cheesecake with it. It was yummy, but I was completely enamored by this recipe of hers since it was lighter on the palate. And now this mango cheesecake recipe is my personal favorite. Its a delicious no bake recipe where you can celebrate the true flavors of mango.
I have tried this recipe only a couple of times and its turned out to be fabulous. The colors are vibrant, the flavor so perfect that it makes you want more. Be innovative, ornate it as you want, set it as you want since it’s your story, its your creation. So why wait, grab your baking equipments, grab those perfect alphonso mangoes and make this yummy cheesecake this summer.
INGREDIENTS: (For 8 inch springform pan)
For the crust:
- 2 cups digestive biscuits, finely powdered (I used McVities digestive biscuits)
- 100 gms salted butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp star anise powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp dry ginger powder (optional)
For the filling:
- 200 gms of chenna
- 200 ml sweetened condensed milk (I used milkmaid)
- 3 1/2 tsp gelatin
- 125 gms cooking white chocolate
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 150 gms mango puree (optional)
- 1 cup of mango pieces (optional)
For the topping:
- 300 ml mango puree
- 3 tsp gelatin
- 1 tsp lime juice
- few mint leaves, for decoration (optional)
- assorted fresh berries, for decoration (optional)
- diced mangoes, for decoration (optional)
- Mix the finely crushed digestive biscuits, star anise powder and dry ginger powder with melted butter and put it in the bottom of the springform pan or Borosil pan (or any other bowl in which you want to set your cheesecake). This mixture will form the crust of the cheesecake.
- Microwave the Borosil pan for 40 – 45 seconds. In case you are using the springform pan, combine the ingredients in a microwavable bowl, microwave for 40 – 45 seconds and spread the mixture evenly in the spring form pan.
- Soak gelatin in cold water and stir to avoid forming lumps. Put the soaked gelatin bowl on top of warm water and stir. (Please soak the gelatin for filling layer and topping layer separately.)
- Melt white chocolate using double boiler method.
- Put chenna, melted chocolate, milkmaid (condensed milk), gelatin, vanilla essence and mango puree (optional) in a food processor and combine until it forms a smooth liquid paste.
- Transfer this liquid mixture in a bowl and add mango chunks and mix well.
- Put this mixture on top of the crust and allow it to freeze for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Take the soaked gelatin mixture for the topping layer and combine it to the mango puree and lime juice.
- Spread it over the cheesecake filling layer and set it fridge for 3 – 4 hours, or until set properly.
- Before serving top it up with assorted berries and mint leaves or diced mangoes and mint leaves or whipped cream and serve after 30 minutes.