The blistering heat is taking a toll. With the temperatures already making records this summer, all you need is liquids to hydrate yourself and some soothing salads and raitas to keep going through the day.
My mum was very particular about my yoghurt intake right from the start. She always tried to come up with different recipes so that it gets ingrained in my daily diet. Thanks to her, now I am in love with it. Be it raitas, buttermilk, lassi or flavored yoghurt, it has now become an essential part of my daily meal. Its one of the few ingredients that seamlessly lends itself to sweet and savory dishes. Its difficult to find foods that don’t go too well with yogurt. This peanut and mint raita recipe is also my mum’s recipe which is a complete power booster due to the peanuts and refreshing due to the the mint and yoghurt. A must try recipe to enjoy the summers.
INGREDIENTS: (For 2 – 3 people)
- 1 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup lightly roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp dried mint leaves
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- salt, to taste
- roasted peanuts, for garnishing
- dried mint, for garnishing
- In a food processor coarsely pulse half a cup of lightly roasted peanuts and keep aside.
- In a bowl take the yoghurt and add 1/3 cup room temperature water, salt, red chili powder and cumin powder and mix well.
- Now add the dried mint leaves and mix.
- Lastly add the coarsely powdered peanuts and keep it in the fridge to cool.
- Before serving garnish with roasted peanuts and dried mint.