The temperature is soaring and nothing feels better than having some fresh cool treats. Right from the arrival of summer season, my appetite dwindles and all I feel like having is fresh vegetable and fruit juices. Its a nutritional powerhouse that keeps me going through the day. Drinking those same coolers day in and out, I got bored and hence this recipe of Cucumber Bites. Its refreshing and you can grab a few whenever you feel like.
The freshness and crispness of the cucumber blends well with the capsicum and chickpea paste and topped with the aromatic parsley leaves. This recipe will be a true winner for your house parties this summer.
INGREDIENTS: (For 4 – 6 people)
- 2 medium sized cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1/4″ thick slices
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cup boiled chickpeas
- 6 – 8 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp of dried and crushed mint leaves
- 1 tsp paprika (or red chili powder)
- 2 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly grounded black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- sprigs of parsley, for garnishing
- Brush the bell pepper with olive oil and put it on medium flame to roast. Once all the sides have been roasted (and turns black), put it in a bowl of cold water.
- Remove the charred skin of the bell pepper and deseed it. Roughly chop the remaining part of the bell pepper.
- In a blender, take boiled chickpeas, garlic, roasted red bell pepper, paprika, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, olive oil and 1/2 tsp dried mint leaves and blend until it forms a smooth paste.
- Now add the remaining dried mint leaves and mix with a spoon.
- Arrange the cucumber slices on a platter. Put generous amount of the above paste on the slices and garnish it with parsley and serve.
Stay healthy, stay fresh!