Having a plethora of oranges at my home, all I could think of is orange muffins, orange cupcakes and orange cake. The freshness and the zesty flavor from the oranges is a delectable treat. These are versatile little sweet treats where can you experiment with different fresh fruits to create beautiful desserts.
With amazingly sweet oranges available in the market, I end up eating a couple of them everyday. Getting bored of eating oranges, I wanted to incorporate this citrus wonder into my desserts to satiate my quest for oranges. The unbelievable orange flavors and aroma is so pleasurable that it doesn’t cause sweetness overload. Its old fashioned but superbly appetizing. Life is better when you get a fuss free, quick and mouth watering recipe to try this in this festive season. So why wait, get your baking spoons out and start now!
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 12 muffins)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour/ all purpose flour (you can even take 1/2 cup whole wheat and 1/2 cup all purpose flour)
- 1 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flavorless vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp cornflour/ corn starch
- candied orange, for garnishing (optional)
- chocolate sauce, for drizzle garnishing (optional)
- icing sugar, for garnishing (optional)
- In a bowl mix whole wheat flour or all purpose flour along with baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder and cornstarch.
- In another bowl first take oil and add sugar and whisk well until the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Add orange juice along with oil and orange zest and mix well.
- Now add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold until everything is mixed well.
- Fill the muffin liners with the batter. Fill upto half only.
- In a preheated oven (preheat for atleast 15 minutes), bake the muffins at 180 C for 22 – 24 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Once its baked, cool it and then dust with icing sugar or drizzle chocolate sauce or garnish with candied orange and serve.
Enjoy this sweet treat with your tea!