One of the recipes which will be a great addition to your recipe repository is the carrot muffin. It’s flavorful, moist and devoid of any deception. It’s simplicity is its charm. The hint of cinnamon and nutmeg powder is quite enticing and hence you can never settle for just one!
With the abundance of juicy and red carrots in the markets, I thought this was probably the right time to try carrot muffins. It not only has a great taste but its super healthy, making it a great snacking option for kids. I often chose chocolate muffin over other flavors until I had an amazing carrot muffin in California. It was then I developed a liking for carrot muffin which I ate during my tea time or post dinner. Simple ingredients, easy process, unpretentious flavor and amazing outcome – these eggless carrot muffins is pure delight!
So don’t wait, start baking now, because carrot muffins will never go out of style!
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 18 small muffins)
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder (freshly grate it if are able to)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup water, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or 1 1/4 tsp vanilla essence)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C for atleast 15 minutes.
- In the mean while, in a bowl sieve all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and salt and combine it all together.
- In another bowl mix oil and sugar. Add milk, water and vanilla extract and combine well.
- Add half the dry ingredients into the wet one and fold it. Again add the remaining half and fold it until fully incorporated.
- Add grated carrots and chopped walnuts to the above mixture. Fold it well.
- Place muffin liners in the muffin tray. Fill the liners upto half and bake for 22 – 24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Enjoy your cup of tea!