As the festive season has begun, everyday is a celebration. From going to potlucks to calling friends and family home, from teatime gossiping with friends to weekend brunches, the list is unending. For all such occasions, it is quintessential to have desserts on your menu. And what better than having chocolate cupcakes.
These eggless chocolate cupcakes are easy to make and require basic ingredients. When I have a strong urge to bake, these petite wonders top my list because you can never go wrong with chocolate. Since my mom and dad enjoy having eggless desserts, with constant hit and trial I perfected making these cupcakes. Not only was it spongy and light but also decadent enough to satisfy chocolate cravings. With or without the frosting, you will surely fall in love with this cupcake!
INDGREDIENTS: (Makes 12 cupcakes)
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp powdered white sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp hot chocolate powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup hung curd
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- In a bowl sieve all purpose flour, white sugar, salt, baking powder, hot chocolate and cocoa powder and mix it.
- In another bowl, mix water, vanilla essence, oil and white vinegar and mix well.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold until well combined.
- Grease the cupcake moulds or line the cupcake tin with liners.
- Pour the cupcake batter until the moulds are 3/4th full.
- Bake it for 20 – 24 minutes, until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Till the cupcakes are baking, take the heavy cream and half the icing sugar and beat it until it forms stiff peaks.
- Take the hung curd and remaining icing sugar and beat it until its smooth. Add vanilla essence and combine it with a spatula.
- Now combine hung curd mixture with the whipped cream and refrigerate for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool and then pipe out the frosting and dust it with cocoa powder.
- Your cupcake is now ready to be served.
You can add melted semisweet chocolate in your frosting or a hint of instant coffee powder to get a different flavor.