Soft and chewy or thin and crispy, chocolate chip cookie in any form is a blessing. I feel chocolate chip cookie is one of the most versatile dessert – a dessert in it’s whole, an after school treat for kids, afternoon munch while reading your favorite book or these freshly baked cookies with ice cream. You can never go wrong with it!
What I love more about these cookies is the cookie dough. The richness of the chocolate, aroma of the vanilla extract and the chewy texture is what comforts me. Quite often I save the cookie dough which I can use later to make cookies or use it as a topping for the ice cream. It’s a great investment. Once you begin baking these cookies at home, you’ll not only fall for it’s freshness but also the simplicity involved in its process. I am sure you’ll henceforth start enjoying home made cookies rather than the ones purchased at a store.
Hope you like it. Enjoy baking!
INGREDIENTS: (for 20 – 24 cookies)
- 115 gms unsalted butter
- 150 gms all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large egg
- 140 gms white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 130 gms semisweet or dark chocolate chips/ chocolate chunks
- Pre heat your oven at 190. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Beat the butter using hand or electric beater until creamy. Add sugar and beat it for 2 – 3 minutes until fully incorporated and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredient mix to the wet ingredients mixture and beat until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add chocolate chips or chocolate chunks to the mix.
- Take a spoon or an ice cream scoop and put the cookie mixture on the parchment paper with sufficient space between each dough.
- Allow it to bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until its golden brown.
- Allow it to cool completely on the wire rack and then eat it!