Who doesn’t love chocolate?
And when you get a slice of a perfect chocolate cake, it’s pure bliss. Be it a friend’s birthday or your parents anniversary, a chocolate cake is a treat for all chocolate lovers. Texture – moist and fluffy, flavor – chocolately and not too sweet, appearance – perfectly cooked, thats what this recipe is bound to give you.
I remember my mother making this yummy chocolate cake very often for me and my brothers. I eventually stopped eating pastries and cakes from the bakeries. She used this basic chocolate cake as the base for a number of other desserts but it was always the flavor of this cake that stole the show.
Easily available ingredients, easy recipe and delicious outcome – grab your utensils and start baking!
INGREDIENTS: (8″ cake tin)
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 120 gms unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 210 gms all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp chocolate powder (optional)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup thick plain yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup room temperature water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven at 180 C for 10 minutes.
- Mix all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and chocolate powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter with condensed milk until fully incorporated. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Mix the yogurt slowly and beat until full incorporated.
- Add milk and water to the above mixture.
- Fold in the flour mix with the mixture of the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Pour in the cake tin and bake at 180 C for 40 minutes. A tooth pick inserted if comes out clean, then the cake is cooked.
- Let the cake cool and then unmould it.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar or cocoa powder and serve.
Enjoy this fantastic basic recipe which you can use for creating some other desserts too.