The scorching October heat has caused parched throat and a constant feeling of dehydration. But what I love about this season are the juicy fruits that quench your thirst and hunger at the same time. One such fruit which I completely love is Watermelon. Be it chilled watermelon, watermelon salad, grilled watermelon or simply watermelon popsicles, this fruit can satisfy your craving for a yummy, cool treat.
My grandmother in law has been getting some of the sweetest possible watermelon from the market these days so I decided to try my hands in making Watermelon Popsicles. The sweetness of the pure watermelon juice and freshness of mint infused in it, will surely help you beat this heat!
INGREDIENTS: (For 6 large popsicles)
- 600 gms of cubed deseeded watermelon (without the rind)
- 1.5 tablespoon honey (adjust the quantity depending on the sweetness of the watermelon and your taste palate)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 – 25 mint leaves
- Few small diced watermelon for garnishing
- Blend the watermelon cubes along with honey and lemon juice in the blender.
- Pass the watermelon puree through a sieve, pressing the fibrous part of the watermelon to extract as much juice as possible.
- Add mint leaves in this juice.
- Put a few diced watermelon pieces into the ice cream mould and then pour the juice on top of it evenly into all the moulds.
- Put it in the freezer and allow it to set for 8 hours or overnight.
- Run the mould under water for a few minutes before serving to unmould the popsicle.
Enjoy this yummy popsicle!